Sunday, June 7, 2009

HGTV Junkie

It's official....I have become an HGTV Junkie! For the past several years I've been renting and probably haven't watched more than an hour of HGTV in all those years. Now that I am purchasing a house, I can't stop watching that crazy channel. I mean I flip it on and think..."Oh, I can use this info somewhere"...for sure! After several hours I start feeling really guilty for putting off all the stuff I'm really supposed to be doing!

Tonight I watched an episode of Curb Appeal, I think it was anyway? After several hours they all blend together. Anyway, they were renovating a Tudor style home and playing around with different colors on the exterior walls and trim. It started me thinking that I would like to try that on my house. Seeing as I haven't even closed yet and I can't go down there and start slopping paint on someone else's house, I needed a plan B. I started thinking...."I do have a photo of the house and PhotoShop! So I quickly applied some color to the white aluminum siding to see what it looks like.

Presently it looks like this....





And with the aluminum siding painted similar to the brick, the windows and door seem to pop a bit more?





And around the back.........









Now, you see the neighbors fence behind the house in the picture above. It is really old and needs to be updated. I spoke with my brother tonight and we talked about trying to salvage some barn boards off the structure pictured below. It's been a while since I shot these pictures so I'm not sure if it's still in this shape?








I would sure like to put some of this material to use if at all possible! Why cut down more trees if there is perfectly good wood just sitting around? I guess I will see in a couple weeks when I head back up there. Until then it's off to learn more stuff! HG here I come!

2 comments:

  1. Gaaaa..... I want me that barn wood! I can think of 1001 uses for it for my place alone. Get it while you can until he realizes how valuable it really is. :)

    Ah yes, photoshop. It's high time I get that program and start playing. Very high time. And lessons too. Sigh..

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the closing...and congratulations. I would go with painting the siding...definitely looks best. I'm looking for old boards for shelving in my kitchen. Can't find any old barns around here!!!

    ReplyDelete